American critics have agreed that “Total Recall” is not a movie that you’ll remember. It seems that the doubts that Colin Farrell had, the protagonist, in connection with this remake were based. The film is a percentage of only 33% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, the other 67 percent being broken.
“If all you’re going to rebuild a modern classic, you better bring something new. Unfortunately, critics say the new “Total Recall” is visually impressive, but put aside the existential anxieties and disorders eccentric original 1990 film directed by Paul Verhoeven for an exaggerated abundance of action sequences”, notes Rotten Tomatoes. RT verdict on more specific and that the new “Total Recall” lacks vulnerability and piquancy that brought the original Arnold Schwarzenegger film. For Colin Farrell to beat the performance of Arnold the actor who started life as an athlete, weightlifter’s pretty tough.
“The future is not what was”, begins the new review of “Total Recall” from The Wrap, which remake characterized as a “generic cut and paste” and insists that the film contains an excess of running, jumping and wrestling, both arms and with fists, including the few scenes of dialogue and attempts at jokes are coherently strained as binder. “Farrell looks for fractions of time that combination of danger and mischievous spark that once showed his potential big star. It’s sad, but this movie was asked more than growl and make faces while-and is still a bump or a bruise or fleeing beating the bad guys”, also notes The Wrap.
As the two heroines of the film – Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, review of The Wrap says that can be distinguished because Biel has a ponytail and the hair off Beckinsale. “Five minutes after you left from the cinema you can hardly something you remember him”, concludes the review cited above.