In a mosaic of sports gathered under the banner of the five Olympic circles, few duels between titans will be the focus of the world. Eurosport highlighted in the online edition of some of the confrontations that have an impact in sports.
Here are the ten “big battles” in view of the newspaper journalists quoted above:
1. Allyson Felix vs. Veronica Campbell – the test of speed over short distances in women is marked by years of duel between American and Jamaican.
2. Qiu Bo (China) vs. Tom Daley (England) – at jump into the water, two talented young people are fighting for some time. Gold will be very popular in the pool.
3. Mark Cavedish (England) vs. Peter Sagan (Slovakia) – with recently concluded Tour de France with three wins each, London is now seeking a circuit sprint king.
4. China vs. Russia – both countries collect medals in gymnastics.
5. Liu Xiang vs. Dyron Robles – 110 meters hurdles sample has two kings eternal, but Chinese and Cuban did not face in Beijing. London will crown the best.
6. Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic – Rafael Nadal’s withdrawal left a stipulated final in tennis. Federer returns to be number one. It will be enough?
7. Brazil vs. Spain – another final seen on the horizon is that from the football. Talent for talent in anticipation of the World Cup finals from 2014.
8. Ryan Lochte vs. Michael Phelps – Friends, almost like brothers, compatriots, but at the same time and enemies. Pool will dictate who will be better in the water and who will bathe in gold.
9. U.S. vs. Spain – Who does not dream to repeat in basketball final in Beijing. People crave to return to see their faces again.
10. Usain Bolt vs Yohan Blake – The fastest man in history has a shadow that threatens to defeat him. Will be the most spectacular battle of the Olympics.